Because you are getting this blog you must be interested in the East Side / Kapaa / Wailua area of Kauai. Here I’ll outline some of the most important current events regarding financing as well as the current market situation here on the fabulous Coconut Coast!
If you haven’t been to Kauai or are just starting your search you may want to stop here and click a few of the links below. First is a blog I wrote about just how awesome life is here on Kauai. The second is a nice way to see the whole East side market and third is our popular YouTube channel.
Total properties for sale: 199
Hot areas are:
Homes for sale: 82
-on acreage: 32
-under 500k: 12
Current single family inventory by neighborhood
SOLD homes in 2016:
85 = $66.5m in sales
(click that link above to see the current East Side condo inventory updated every hour)
-under 300k: 23
-under 200k: 15
-over 1m: 2
Both are at Waipouli Beach Resort and Spa. This is a pretty special spot with over 1 acre of pool(s) and slides.
SOLD Condos in 2016
31 = $10.3m
6 of those condos closed were my listings at Kauai Kailani. There are about 8 more available if you are interested.
Land / lots for sale: 55
-over 5 acres: 14
SOLD Land / Lots in 2016
20 = $12.25m
Here are a few things I’ve noticed this year while selling Real Estate almost exclusively on the East side. There have been a few occasions where buyers have started their search here in the Kapaa area and ended up buying North shore or South shore but by and large I’ve been the East side specialist for the Kauai Real Estate Group and it’s been fun and exciting to get to work here in this district.
- The hot button words I hear most from buyers in 2016 are “Acreage, ADU / cottages, Views”. Seems like the central location of the Kawaihau / Wailua / Kapaa district is really attractive but folks still want something special to look at or room to spread out. If you are shopping for something with a cottage or a view
- Residential units stay on the market for 98 days on average.
- Condos stay on the market for 83 days on average.
- Land sits around for a bit longer at 109 days.
- Condos that are in the vacation rental zone almost never allow pets. If you do have a pet that you are bringing with you, my partner Brady wrote a pretty comprehensive blog on current rules and info about bringing Rover on-over. I’ll paste it in here, got some great pictures of his puppies too!
- Condos that are in the vacation rental zone are priced based on ability to rent / proforma / cash-flow analysis. You might see some pretty crazy high numbers at developments like Waipouli for instance but don’t be scared. They are earning big numbers per night so they just might be well worth it.
Thanks for reading my report. If you have any questions that you’d like answered please feel free to call me direct. Here’s my cell: 808-729-2810 or you can email me firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a special property that you’d like to see I’d be happy to shoot a video for you if we don’t have one already.