We’ve been patiently waiting for this project at PiliMai to be completed for about 8 years now, so it’s really nice to have some new product to offer on the South shore. This is amazing stuff too!!
Here’s the location:
PiliMai is being built out by Brookfield, the same builder who recently finished the popular Nihilani of Princeville. Nihilani is a top vacation rental spot on the North Shore, was Trip Advisor’s best place to stay in 2014 and has the lowest HOA dues on the North shore. PiliMai’s HOA’s are projected to be very low as well.
PiliMai is located in the VDA and can be vacation rented without a TVR license. If you are just starting your search and want to learn more about the Vacation Destination Area or Transient Vacation Rental Licenses, check out this article written by our teammate Ann: What is VDA / TVR ? Vacation Rentals Explained. This development offers 191 brand new units with AC / Private Garages and live like a home. They start in the mid 600’s and go all the way up to the mid 900’s. The championship Kiahuna Golf Course is just outside your Lanai. Dining, beaches, shopping are also just minutes away. This location on the sunny south shore is ideal!
Here’s what’s on the market:[listings title=”Pili Mai Condos for Sale” qs=”listingid=53416363~53416362%2C51526775%2C51526023%2C50836711%2C51525015″ propcount=”6″]
Now that you’ve seen some of what they have to offer right now (more units are being released all the time as they near completion), here are some frequently asked questions about PiliMai:
- Who is the developer? Kiahuna Fairways LLC is the developer of the PiliMai at Po‘ipu Community.
- Who is the contractor? Brookfield Homes Hawai‘i Inc. Award-winning Brookfield Homes Hawai‘i is a venture between local ownership in Hawai‘i and one of North America’s larger home building companies, Brookfield Homes, Inc. Based on O‘ahu, Brookfield Homes Hawai‘i is managed by an experience team that has a deep passion for the islands and for the business, homes, and neighborhoods it builds. Living and working in Hawai‘i provides understanding of the beauty and spirit of each island, which is reflected in what they build and in an improved quality of life. They create diverse neighborhoods across the islands that evoke a unique sense of place and reflect the harmony of the land. Their designs honors and incorporate Hawai‘i’s cultural heritage and island lifestyle.
- When will construction finish? Mid 2017 is what we have been told
- Is this fee simple? Any land lease fees? This is a fee-simple ownership with no use restrictions. The residential units in the project may be used for long-term residential use, a second home and vacation rental purposes. It is located in the VDA.
- Can I rent the condo? Are there any restrictions? Owners may rent or lease their residential unit on their own or through an authorized rental agent of their choice. • Upon request Brookfield Homes Hawai‘i can provide you with a list of Rental Management Companies. • Since the project is located in Kaua‘i’s Visitor Destination Area (VDC), it is subject to the rules and regulations within this designation.
- What are the fees associated with owning at PiliMai? Owners will be responsible for monthly maintenance fees (association dues), annual property taxes, cable and electricity for their condominium unit. Additional insurance will be required for Interior Contents & Liability coverage.
- What does my monthly maintenance (association/HOA dues) cover? It pays for costs associated with the management, maintenance, and operations of the common areas, and for long-term reserves of the Association. Including, b¬ut not limited to:
- Common area electricity, water, gas (BBQ Tank Replacement) refuse removal sewer and individual condominium unit water
- Common Area Insurance: (Note: Owners are individually responsible for personal content insurance)
- Pest control
- Pool and Recreation Center maintenance
- Budget and owner management and administrative services
- Building Reserves to include major repairs and replacement
- What utilities does the condominium owner pay? Homeowner pays electricity for their home, cable and phone.
- How are my property taxes calculated? As of January 24, 2014, property taxes for $9.00 per $1,000 of the current assessed value of your home as determined by the County of Kauai Property Tax assessor’s office.
- How is the owner parking assigned? Each home will own (1) covered garage stall. Every home, with the exception of Plan 7, will be assigned an open stall that will be considered as part of the community common elements. ere are (20) additional unas – signed guest stalls throughout the community.
- What documentation is required to satisfy a purchase?
- Receipt for the Developer’s Public Report
- Reservation and Sales contract
- What is the earnest money deposit to purchase?
- $5000 at Reservation
- 10% (LESS $5,000) At Execution of Sales Contract
- Additional 5% at 30 days prior to building construction commencing.
- Balance of purchase price due to close of escrow.
- How do I take title? You may select a vesting at signing of the sales contract or it can be determined at a later time in Escrow. Vesting options: Severalty, Joint Tenants, Tenants in Common or Tenants by the Entirety. e manner of vesting is at the discretion of the purchaser.
- When will I take possession of my home – close escrow? Once your building is complete and developer receives a certificate of occupancy from the County of Kauai and your home has recorded at the Bureau of Conveyance – State of Hawaii
- Is there a warranty with the condominium? ere is a 1 Year Builder’s Limited Warranty that comes with the home from the date of Closing
Floor plan and great detailed info.
Pool / BBQ / Poolside Cabana
2-4 bedroom options
Up to 3.5 baths
Walkable to shopping / dining / beach
Granite countertops and backsplashes
Stainless steel appliance package including cook top, built-in oven, dishwasher, hood and Sharp built-in microwave drawer Sink with pull-out spray faucet
Shaker alder cabinet doors with bronze knobs
Spacious walk-in shower
Ceramic tile floors
Granite lavatory top
Separate water closet